Thursday, October 2, 2008

In A Blink Of An Eye .......

In a couple of hours we'll be pulling out heading to Great Lakes Military Base for Julian's graduation from boot camp :) It seems like just yesterday Julian's recruiter picked him up to head off to boot camp. He'll be graduating tomorrow morning at 9:00 and I know as soon as i see all of the sailors I'll start crying ( I already have my soft washcloth packed ... Kleenex's don't work for me I shred them up LOL) Dominic can't make the trip because of work but Jim, Amelia & I will be going. Julian is really excited about seeing us and also that he'll be graduating in dress whites (the Navy changes to dress blues next week) It's hard to believe that it we be official tomorrow that I'll be a mother of 3 sailors ..... my eyes are tearing up right now as I write


sigtag made by me :)


CROCHET: I've been busy crocheting goodies for my swap partner at the spa ( can't show what I've made just in case she visits here) I've also tested a couple of patterns

The first pattern I tested was this beautiful purse by Krakovianka/Karen from Poland



The yarn I used is a smokey gray and looks really rich.
I haven't lined it yet have to go through my stash of fabric when we get back.
Thanks again Karen for letting me be a tester for you I really enjoyed making this purse and will be on the lookout if you need a tester again :)

The other pattern I tested was "Simple Little Heart Motif" by "thepunkrockinchick" she doesn't have a site so I can't put up a link :(



I think this heart motif would make a lovely baby blanket done in pastel colors with simply soft yarn.
Thanks for letting me be a tester!


Off to start baking some cookies that Julian requested I make for him..... peanut butter,oatmeal with dried cherries and chocolate chip

"God Speed to All Of Our Troops"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it. I hope you will consider becoming a Follower of my blog and come back and visit me regularly.