Friday, November 7, 2008

Crochet & More

Crocheting keeps me sane and is a GREAT stress reliever for me with having 3 sons in the Military and my Mother living with us (she's 84 years old) and boy has it been stressful lately!!!Here's some of the crochet items I've made during Oct. up till today.

This is one of my favorite doilies to make I have a couple of them around the house and try to have one on hand in case someone needs a quick pick me up :) I am making thread turkeys that I'm going to attach to the doily ...... this doily is mine.



I made 2 Green Leaf doilies for my Thanksgiving table and I also made one for Amelia's room ..... still have to block them.



Everybody needs a "Bluebird Of Happiness" and here's mine.



This little cutie is for Amelia ;) She's always telling me I never make her anything.


I've had the Easy Peasy bag on my to do list for a long time now I can cross it off ..... one is for me and the other one is a gift I made them bigger then the pattern so both of them are totes.




CrochetVilles Autumn Secret Pals is over with, I had a lot of fun at the spa it was really relaxing and boy did I need to relax!

Here's what I sent to my pal Lynn / monchichi_bright ..... I forgot to take pictures of everything before I sent it out to Lynn so I'm using hers ;)









My Unkown secret pal was barbn77/barb I wish we could of got to know each other better ..... Thanks again barb for the goodies you sent Heres what Barb sent my way




I tested another pattern called Fox's 12 x 12 and 7 x 7 Heart of a Hippie version - 2 in 1 pattern square by smoothfox at the "ville"



WIPS ( Works In Progress)
1. thread snowflakes to put in Christmas cards
2. thread ornaments for family members
3. turkeys for the doily mentioned above
4. petal pentagon doily crochet a long at crochetbox .... I have 3 petals done so far


Military:
My 3 sailor sons are all doing their jobs nothing new to report ;)

This afternoon I sent 3 flat rate boxes filled with brand new Christmas cards out of the boxes for our men & ladies serving in the sand box.... Navy, Army & Marines. Most people don't think of sending new Christmas cards their way but they like sending cards to family and friends.

The post office now has flat rate boxes just for Military that use APO & FPO address's

Happy Hooking & God Speed To Our Military

1 comment:

Thank you for leaving a comment, I really appreciate it. I hope you will consider becoming a Follower of my blog and come back and visit me regularly.